Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Penalty Protection

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The English Patient


It was 13 years ago when I watched this movie in the theatre. A good friend of mine invited me to see this yet I have no idea what it’s all about, not even familiar of the actors. We left the cinema as my friend dragged me out and decided not to finish it, I don’t know what came into her. For me, it’s kinda good movie yet emotionally heavy.

Taglines: In love, there are no boundaries. In memory, love lives forever.

Let me focus on the story between Almasy and Katharine, their affair I mean. As I was reading some of my downloaded files from the internet regarding Hindu, Sikh and Buddhism faith, this movie came into my mind when I read the teachings about karma and keypoints about the roots of all human sufferings…attachment.

People have different definition of what love is. From this movie, what existed between Almasy and Katharine is one hell of a cursed one that shouldn’t be admired nor be considered as love. For me it’s a forbidden one, lustful and very selfish. It maybe passion, but not something notable like “The Notebook” and extraordinary like “While You Were Sleeping”. After allowing all those passions burst out and sweetly taste the illegalities of such emotions…who want to spend dying alone in a dark cave or remain lying on bed, unrecognizable because of the I don’t know how much degree of burn he got …360?

It’s very passionate, but very wrong. I’m not trying to be hypocrite in this one but this is somehow made me realize that love is indeed an attachment. Well of course we still need to be in-love…like they said it’s the only way to be happy. Yes for the first few years but when things go unlikely, endure the adversities as well.

But how do we look on a right kind of love? Something that wouldn’t turn us like what happened to Almasy and Katharine? Simple as this: Be sure your partner is single!

No comments:

Post a Comment