Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Penalty Protection

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

M. NIght Shyamalan's "The Village"


Before I start talking about “those we do not speak of “, finally I already gained the jumpstart of blogging mood in which I severely neglected due to my previous agony of the burdened with the dotnet coding. It made me feel like I was hell scourged, crucified and haven’t completely resurrected yet. The words of praising, critic and mocking are back, and so freshed-up to start with this flick of M. Night Shyamalan where they consider the limelight of his started to shut off and the taste went against the world. Not for me, I like it.

Tagline: “Their Days of Peace Are Over”

A hidden community run by the “Elders” is somehow comparable to that 70’s series “Little House of the Prairie” scenario and life was designed to be simple, peaceful and nailed to be backward. But then along with this composed living they enjoy, they also live in fear and the strolling is limited, or else they might horribly shake hands with the claws of those “creatures” in the woods using their necks. They also have this avoidance of the “bad color”, and an old style kind of yellow ponchos outfit they need to wear every time making a peace offering with those they trespassed.

A man’s curiosity to step out of the rules that almost cost him his life has also paved way for another soul with limited senses but immeasurable love later gave answer and total picture of what is to be really feared from the forbidden.

Can this be like the global term for peace? Where the usual trend of instilling fear within the people is done in real time reporting of uber fabricated stories via all kinds of media that will later create tension, division and of course, another upswing of human ignorance? But how can we instill peace if we use fear to contain things we do not desire of? Opinions will rise politically, academically and socially, and in which I decided not to iterate and speak of in this blog.


Extracted from my onion-skinned thinking, I believe that everything proscribed always has its own way to be let loosed and allowed in a most proper and payable time. But it takes a curious mind to question, a loving heart willing and brave enough to face the uncertain and blindfoldedly fight the world’s “creatures” to defeat fear, and then later save lives.

Am I relating to this? Could be, and that’s why I passion the director!

No comments:

Post a Comment