Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Penalty Protection

Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Forgotten


I don’t like this movie… but then I’ll go a bit further and share what disappointed me here. It’s about a devastated mother who lost her son and grieved for a year and everyone around her thinks she’s insane including her husband. She even went to see a shrink to help her recover from her miseries and yet only to give tips on how to deal with hallucinations. This persistent mother is Telly.

With some evil alien who bumped into the middle of the story that somehow gave answers to Telly’s search for her lost son, but then…where is this dude came from? And even her shrink who’s been convincing that she’s inventing a son in her thoughts knows this unexplained character. They should have told the viewers from the start about these experimenting people who suck anyone from the sky testing humans on “who easily forgets … mommy or daddy?”

Tagline: “You'll Never Forget the Ones You Love”. These two parents, Telly and Ash, who both lost their son and daughter in a mysterious plane crash worked together when they realized something wrong is happening around. But what made Ash forgot he has a daughter and it was Telly who made him remember everything? Does it mean that a mommy doesn’t easily forget but a daddy does? I think so…based on my own experience but not applicable for all I guess.

This is how I simply understand this...this… ok let’s call this a movie for Julian Moore’s sake. If not for the reason she appeared in one of Hannibal Lecter saga, I would surely mock this flick. And mostly, I didn't drop a jaw nor a piece of popcorn when I watched it. This film is soon to be forgotten I think...and it does already.

No comments:

Post a Comment